The Boards of Vocational Rehabilitation, Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired, and the Statewide Independent Living Council are seeking your assistance with soliciting nominations for the 2023 Governor’s Awards. These awards recognize the valuable role that employers, businesses, and organizations play in employing people with disabilities, as well as celebrating the contributions of workers with disabilities. We invite and encourage you to nominate individuals and employers for these awards.
The five award categories are:
- Outstanding Individual with a Disability
- Outstanding Employee with a Disability
- Outstanding Employer of the Year (3 categories)
- Small (less than 50 employees) private employer; non-governmental
- Large (more than 50 employees) private employer; non-governmental
- Public (any size); government (local, county, state, or federal) or educational (school district, university, technical college)
- Outstanding Transition Services
- Distinguished Service
Nomination forms are available by visiting the Department of Human Services/Division of Rehabilitation Services home page: http://dhs.sd.gov/rehabservices. Click on the Governor’s Awards tab on the left-hand side of the page. Each of the nomination forms can be accessed here as either a Word Document or a PDF/Fillable Form. If you prefer Business Resource Network complete the nomination form, please contact Vicki Stewart at [email protected]. Nominations are due May 5, 2023.
We hope to notify award recipients and nominators prior to the end of July. Plans will then proceed with coordinating the date of the awards ceremony with the Governor’s office. Every attempt will be made to have the Governor present the awards. Dates of the previous awards ceremonies have traditionally been in early fall.