Our Commitment to Web Accessibility
Employment Disability Resources is committed to providing a fully accessible website experience for all users of all abilities, including those who rely on assistive technologies like screen readers, screen enlargement software, and alternative keyboard input devices to navigate the web.
Ongoing Efforts to Ensure Accessibility
We follow the Link to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as our guiding principle for determining accessibility. These are internationally agreed-upon standards that cover a wide range of recommendations and best practices for making content useable. As we add new pages and functionality to our website, all designs, code, and content entry practices are checked against these standards.
Website accessibility is an ongoing process. We continually test content and features for WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance and remediate any issues to ensure we meet or exceed the standards. Testing of our website is performed by our team members using industry-standard tools such as the Accessibility Checker WordPress Plugin, color contrast analyzers, keyboard-only navigation techniques, and Flesch-Kincaid readability tests.
Accessibility Features On Our Website
The following is a list of items we have included in our website to improve its accessibility:
- Alt text provided for all images and non-text elements.
- Links are clearly underlined and warnings are provided that they open in a new page.
- A sitemap page with a listing of all pages found on the site.
- Regular testing by individuals with disabilities to look for areas of improvement.
- Mobile responsive version with appropriately sized tap targets.
- Brand colors selected for color contrast and to meet WCAG AA requirements.
Where We’re Improving
In our efforts to bring our website up to standard, we are targeting the following areas:
- Working on finding color contrast issues.
- Working on ensuring that ARIA is not hidden where it is necessary
- Ensuring forms have correct labeling
- Having site tested by individuals with disabilities to look for areas of improvement.
This is part of our broader effort to make everyone’s experience at Employment Disability Resources a welcoming and enjoyable one. Please note that while we make every effort to provide information accessible for all users, we cannot guarantee the accessibility of third party websites to which we may link.